Indian Head Massage at Eastbourne Mind & Body
Indian Head Massage is a Holistic Therapy that helps increase mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders. It improves blood circulation, lymphatic flow and aids elimination of toxins and is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension.
Indian Head Massage has been practiced in India for over a thousand years but was restricted to the head and hair for many years and now because of the benefits it now encompasses the neck, shoulders and upper arms. Indian Head massage is a safe, simple yet very effective therapy that not only promotes hair growth, but also provides relief from aches and pains.
The head neck and shoulders are very important energy centres within your body. If you are feeling stressed or angry, tension tends to accumulate here. This tension can later show up as a stiff neck and shoulders, eyestrain and sometimes even hair loss. Indian head massage involves working with a firm gentle rhythm to help un-knot blockages and release this uncomfortable build up of tension.
The aim of an Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders. An Indian Head Massage works with the Ayurvedic concept, which, goes beyond the limits of healing and places emphasis on balance. Working on the chakras has a powerful effect and can bring the energy of the whole body back into balance.
Indian Head Massage involves massage and acupressure techniques manipulating the soft tissues on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. The effect is not just physical: it works on an emotional level too, calming the mind, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
One of the most common stress related complaints are headaches. One in three individuals consult their doctor with this symptom every year, and 95% of the population suffer from them at some time.
Massaging the scalp, face, neck and shoulders relieves eyestrain, improves concentration, eliminates muscular tension and restores joint movement. Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain, which is one of the best ways of reducing stress. Oxygen helps you think clearly and creatively, the same effect is brought about through exercising. Indian Head Massage attacks stress in an immediate way by accessing the physical effects. It also aids better relaxation and sleep, the lack of which is often a strong component in stress related illness, which can lead to more serious mental breakdown. The relaxation opposes the stress response and helps re-balance the process.
By working on Stress, Indian Head Massage has the effect of slowing down behaviour. Time becomes less important for the duration of the massage as sensual awareness takes over. Afterwards a feeling of being less hurried allows the individual to be less compulsive and more considerate in their outlook. Thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront.
What Conditions can an Indian Head Treatment help with?
- Tension Headaches / Migraines
- Tinnitus & other Ear problems
- Helps Hair Loss & Thinning
- Muscle Tension – Neck / Shoulder stiffness
- Eye Strain
- Sinus Congestion
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
There are many benefits from an Indian Head Massage treatment and the therapeutic effects are found to last long after the treatment is over. The short and long term benefits are individual, varied and cumulative and can lead to a greater feeling of self awareness, which often brings the additional benefits of a change to a healthier life style.
- Increased blood supply to scalp, head and neck, bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to encourage healing
- Increases nourishment and oxygen to the hair follicle, therefore promoting strong healthy shiny hair and hair growth
- Aids joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders
- Reduces or prevent adhesions as traumatised muscle tissue heals
- Relieves muscular pain, stiffness and tension by relaxing the muscles and removing toxins in the face, scalp, neck, upper back, shoulders and arms
- Improves muscle tone
- Relieves mental fatigue
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck so helping to remove waste products from the body
- Stimulates and improves the circulatory system
- Relieves eyestrain, tension headaches, nasal congestion and jaw-ache
- Strengthens the immune system
- Alleviates stress, anxiety, lethargy and mild depression
- Aids greater creativity, clarity of thought, Increased alertness and improves concentration
- Aids insomnia and gives a more restful, refreshing sleep
- Brings about a sense of tranquillity, calmness and positive well being
- Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness
- Gives a feeling of balance
- Increases self-esteem and self worth
- Deeper, calmer breathing
- Re-balances the energy flow to the body
- Releases stagnant energy from the body
- Revitalises the person and the body
- Energetic healing
|Indian Head Massage|